With more vehicles on the road today, the risk of being involved in a car accident is increasing. In a recent year, 38,824 people were killed and 2.28 million were injured in traffic crashes on U.S. roadways, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Nevada is an at-fault state for car accidents – the person who caused the car accident is held accountable and pays for all damages.
A truly phenomenal and compassionate attorney. I will be forever grateful.Brittney W.
Although there are other contributing factors, most motor vehicle collisions are caused by some type of driver error. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Car accident injuries can range in severity from minor to fatal. Factors affecting severity of injuries include:
- Speed of the collision
- Seatbelt use
- Direction the person was facing
- Whether the vehicle was hit from the front, side, or rear
Common Injuries Sustained in Car Crashes
A car crash can cause impact injuries and/or penetrating injuries. Impact injuries occur when a part of a person’s body slams into something in the interior of the vehicle. Penetrating injuries are cuts, scrapes, or punctures caused by loose, flying objects or shattered glass. Common injuries in car accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash and muscle sprains
- Head trauma and brain injury
- Chest injuries, including broken ribs
- Internal injuries
- Bone fractures
- Spinal injuries
- Injuries to the arms and legs, including sprains, bruising, and lacerations
If you have been hurt in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, contact Ofelia Markarian Law Group, PLLC at (725) 999-4050. Ms. Markarian is a highly skilled Henderson car accident attorney serving Clark County and Nye County, including Las Vegas and Pahrump.